This Policy is published and shall be construed in accordance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act 2000, Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 and other applicable legislations relating to data protection in other jurisdictions (individually and collectively referred to as the “Regulations”).
By accessing the Platform, you hereby acknowledge that you have read the terms of this Policy; and consent to our procedure for collection, storage, usage and disclosure of your Data. If otherwise, kindly exit the Platform immediately as your continued access shall be construed as an acceptance of this Policy.
- Under this Policy, the below-mentioned terms shall have the same meaning as assigned to them:
- Applicable Law(s) shall mean and refer to all the applicable provisions of the prevailing laws, statutes, common law, Regulations, ordinances, codes, rules, guidelines, orders, permits, licenses, tariffs and approvals relating to this Policy.
- Business Information means the trade and business-specific information of an entity/organization, provided by you, in the capacity of an authorized representative, to avail the Services on behalf of such entity. Business Information includes the name of the entity and number of employees.
- Cookie(s) is a small amount of data generated by the web server and stored by your web browser or on the hard drive of your device that enable us to recognize your browser; and capture and remember certain information about you.
- Data shall refer to the Business Information, Non-Personal and Personal Information, individually and in combination.
- Non – Personal Information is anonymized data incapable of identifying an individual or entity. It refers to any other information, not covered under Personal Information, which may be collected by us when you access or use the Platform and includes information about your device, Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type and version, geographical location, URLs of referring/exit pages, pages visited, device ID, amongst others.
- Personal Information means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person. Personal Information, with respect to this Policy, includes the name, phone number and email address. In instances where any legal entity/organization tries to contact us through the Platform, their Personal Information shall also include their Business Information.
- User means and refers to every individual or legal entity that accesses the Platform for information purposes or provides their Personal Information on the Platform for us to reach out.
- DATA COLLECTION
- Personal Information
- We collect your Personal Information as required under the Applicable Laws when you (i) enter your Data on our Platform to enable us to contact you (ii) subscribe to receive legal updates, newsletters, blogs or other publications by us (iv) apply for a job posting published on the Platform,
- We may collect additional information about you when you provide us with your feedback, comments, or respond to a survey.
- Any information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain or is furnished under Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as personal information under this Policy.
- We understand that business entities and organizations may reach out to us for legal services. We thereby collect their Business Information which includes the entity name and employee count. We only collect the business information considering that it has been provided voluntarily by an authorized representative of the entity.
- Non-Personal Information
Non-Personal Information is used purely for analytics and research purposes to develop an understanding of your needs and preferences so that we can customize our Platform and simultaneously enhance the security of the Platform. Except where it is expressly mentioned in this Policy, the Non-Personal Information is not mixed or commingled with your Personal Information. Users are advised to note that the Non – Personal Information is a statistical data about their browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- USAGE OF YOUR DATA
- We use the Personal Data shared by you on the Platform to contact you and to revert to your queries. Any other Personal Data collected by is shall be used only for providing the required legal assistance to you and we shall not use and process the Data for any unlawful, illegal or illicit purposes.
- We collect your Data to connect with you for newsletters, emails, legal articles and updates and other information that we believe may be beneficial to you;
- For complying with the legal obligations; and
- For any other purpose as deemed appropriate by the Firm.
- DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF DATA
- DATA RETENTION
We may retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Information within the time limits imposed under the applicable law(s) or upon request, where possible.
- DATA SECURITY
- Protection of your Personal Information is our foremost priority; therefore we have implemented the appropriate technical and organizational security measures which are at par with the industry standard security measures to ensure protection of your Personal Information against loss, misuse, damage, alteration, destruction or disclosure.
- Further, the Platform is scanned regularly to check for any vulnerability and to make the Platform usage as safe as possible. We assure the compliance and adoption of all safety measures as required under the applicable laws from time to time.
- Notwithstanding anything provided under this Policy, the Firm shall be under no obligation for the permitted disclosure of Data as per the terms of this Policy.
- LIABILITY AND WARRANTY
- Although we have implemented and employed the necessary internet security methods and technology to secure the Data transmitted to us; however the security of the Data transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed; thereby we do not ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. You acknowledge and agree that you share the Personal Information with us entirely at your own risk. In light of the above, we declare that:
- We shall not be held liable for any loss or injury caused to you, as a result of voluntary disclosure of the Data by you to a third party.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy, we disclaim all the warranty for any loss, damage or misuse of the User information.
- By voluntarily providing us with the Data, specifically Personal Information, you hereby give us explicit consent to use such information in accordance with this Policy.
- The usage of our Platform is fit for individuals from all age groups, however in order to avail the legal services provided by the Firm or to post an enquiry on the Platform, you should be at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect the Personal Information from minors without consent from their parent or legal guardian. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that the child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, they are advised to contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware of the same, we shall take steps to delete such Data from our records.
- You hereby agree not to provide the Personal Information of any other person as it amounts to a criminal offense punishable under the prevailing laws.
- CONDITIONS OF USE AND AMENDMENTS
We may modify or update this Policy from time to time in response to changing legal, technical and business developments or at the sole discretion of the Firm. Unless otherwise mentioned, such modifications are effective from the day they are published on the Platform. Accordingly, we advise you to apprise yourself with the same as your continued access shall be deemed as an acceptance of the said modifications.
- GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL
- In the event of any queries or grievances regarding our Services or if you wish to report a security breach or otherwise require any assistance, you may contact us at E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org